
After my insanely crazy week of nine basketball games in five days in three different cities with three different children, I had a one hour block today (before basketball games) where I wanted to get our Christmas tree. We're expecting rain this week and I really hate looking for trees when they're wet, so I really wanted to go today. None of the kids wanted to go with us. Kelsie hates the smell of pine (she cannot wait to move out and have a fake tree!), so she wouldn't go with us. Trevor had basketball practice, so he couldn't go with us and Branden...I don't really remember why he didn't go with us--this morning seems so long ago!
So, Chris and I headed up to our local Home Depot to pick out a Christmas tree. We used to go and cut down a tree, but we've become too fond of the noble fir's at Home Depot...and we had a major time constraint. What a strange experience it was to look for a tree without the kids. We haven't done that for sixteen years! It was more stressful then I thought it would be, since I actually had to pick which one I wanted all by myself, and I really don't like to make decisions. But, we finally found one. We brought it home and stuck it in a bucket of water and left it on the front porch since we didn't have time to do anything with it. Hopefully we can bring it in the house and get it decorated tomorrow...or sometime soon.
I learned some very helpful hints today while Christmas tree shopping from this family that I followed around because I was so impressed with them.
Helpful hint #1: Gloves. They all had on a pair of gloves--just simple cheap latex gloves so that your hands aren't all sappy and sticky (and stinky) for the rest of the day. I was so impressed that the lady even offered me some gloves (of course, she's so prepared she brought extra gloves.)
Helpful hint #2: Scissors. Scissors? Yes, scissors. My philosphy with picking the perfect Christmas tree is if it's already been unwrapped and looked and not chosen, it must be a loser tree. So Chris keeps unwrapping Christmas tree after Christmas tree until we find one we like. Scissors would make that SO much faster!
Next year, I will be so prepared!




2 comments:
Nine games in 5 days? Crazy! We missed you this week!
I'm not so picky when it comes to trees. We usually choose the 1st or 2nd tree. I too would rather have a fake tree. It would make life so much easier! But Mike insists on picking out a tree every year. Brother.
Post a Comment