Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Beware of Treats

One of my dear kind neighbors sent over some treats yesterday. How thoughtful! When I thanked her she sounded horrible. I could tell she was totally sick! She said she was sick, but she did the baking before she got sick (which made me wonder how old the cookies were...). I really wasn't planning on eating any of her treats because it kinda grossed me out to see how sick she was...and the thought of her giving me food she had made... Unfortunately, I have no self control when it comes to food and once I opened up the nice little tin canister and looked at the cookies I couldn't help myself! I ate most of them and I think Branden ate the rest.

Well, last night (after eating the cookies) Branden starts complaining that his throat hurts (and I didn't even tell him about the sick neighbor). He even went to bed early last night and today he's just laying on the couch. I started developing this weird chesty cough last night and am still not 100% percent today. So, is it just coincidence we're both under the weather after eating my sick neighbor's cookies...or not.

No comments: