Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mr. President


This year, Branden had the option to stay at his elementary school for sixth grade or to go to middle school. Our elementary school has a excellent sixth grade program, so I was hoping he would choose to stay without me having to negotiate with him. He really wanted to stay because all of his friends were staying, but also so that he could run for President and so he could be in Junior Olympics.

Last week was the student body elections. He (and I) had to make a poster, make stickers for people to wear and give a speech. His speech was all about name recognition as he said "Branden O." twenty-five times in his speech. (There are two other Brandon's, a Braden, and a Brenden in 6th grade with him.) I thought I would be such a good mom so I brought the video camera to tape him. I was SO nervous as he was giving his speech in front of 450 people that I couldn't hold the camera still. The footage is completely bouncing around and I even have one of those anti-bounce cameras. Oh, well. I tried.

His motto was "All you need to know is to vote for Branden O." Not as memorable as Trevor's "If you're clever, vote for Trevor. And even if you're not clever, you should still vote for Trevor," His worked anyway, and he won! Congratulations, Branden O.

11 comments:

grammie said...

We're very proud of your kids and their activities--and running for president is quite an accomplishment. Way to go Brandon O.

Pam said...

Way to go Branden O! Or should I say congratulations Mr. President:)

Liz Rose said...

Thats fantastic!!! A mormon president....who would have thought it could happen!! :) jk

Jo said...

That is so cool! Congrats!

AJsGirls said...

Will he be on the November ballot? That would be great!

Kim said...

Cool! Does he get any perks with the job? No homework, early dismissal, etc.?

OhShauna said...

What is his opinion of this bail out- maybe I will write him in on my General election ballot!

Kaye said...

I've been calling him Branden O since preschool....I'm afraid I always will....tell him congrats from us, that's great!

Kaye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin and Emily said...

Congrats President Brandon O. I am so proud of you! I hope you have a great time and I know you will be a great example for the other students. (=

Gayle and Curt Family Blog said...

Great job little buddy!!!!!:) So I hope that I am your favorite cousin still..... Well good job... Bye
Alyssa