Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Love/Hate Relationship

I HATE Santa Ana winds. I just HATE them. I hate how they keep me up at night, or even wake me up from a sound sleep. I hate how they make my already flat hair flatter. I hate how they blow little dust particles in my eyes which stick to my contacts and make me cry until I can take my contacts out and clean them. I hate how they make my dog (and kids) hyper. I hate how they make my allergies worse.

But yesterday, I was quite appreciative of the Santa Ana winds. As another huge fire was burning near Porter Ranch, I couldn't figure out why it looked so pretty out my window, when they skies should be filled with smoke. I went outside to check out where all the smoke was when I realized that the Santa Ana winds that I hate so much were blowing the smoke directly away from me and leaving my house in a little blue sky bubble--I couldn't even smell smoke!

The kids were hoping for a "Fire Day" (kinda like a Snow Day), but the fire's not quite close enough to us, so they had to go to school. At least they cancelled outside practices for Kelsie and Trevor due to the poor air quality.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Ditto on the hatred of the wind. I get in an awful mood when it's windy outside.

Pam said...

I hate the wind also. But there is a certain excitement in the air when there is a fire burning. I know, I am sick):

OhShauna said...

I think the wind is kinda cool, I love the sound of my trees leaves rustling one moment and then the next it sounds like I am in a wind tunnel. I love the beautiful sunsets and that I can actually see the ocean from my balcony (only seen during Santa Ana weather).