We're having some closet addition/remodeling work going on this week at our house. We actually are paying someone to do this since we don't know how to frame and I/we really don't like doing drywalling or electrical work. We usually do all our home improvement work ourself, so I am feeling so spoiled seeing people carry things in and carry things out while I just sit and do nothing.
I really am just sitting and doing nothing since I've been sick all week. I feel really stupid because the guy who's doing the work is a friend of ours and all I really do is sit. I sit at the table and read the newspaper. I sit at the computer and do computer stuff. I sit in front of the TV--I don't have bon bons, but I've been eating oreos and M&M's (my comfort foods). But, of course, I am still a mom, so I do have to get up and take kids to school, buy groceries, do laundry, etc. I really just need to take a nap, but there's people in three of our bedrooms at any given time.
I think our friend (who shall remain nameless) thinks I'm a total loser. I haven't showered. I haven't worn any makeup. On Monday I stayed in my pajamas and glasses all day (such a pretty sight.) His wife has always worked so I'm sure he's impressed at what a stay-at-home mom does. I try to cough loudly when the hammering stops or when I hear him coming down the hall so that he can hear that I am sick. I think he just thinks I'm lazy.
6 months ago




4 comments:
Oh I'm so sure your friend thinks you're lazy! You're so funny! I'm sure he probably hasn't even thought twice about it. And plus, when you're sick you totally should be lazy! Nothin wrong with that!
Sorry you are sick--:( I hope you are on the mend soon.
Can't wait to see your closets though!!!
To really pull this off, you need a ratty old robe with tissue hanging out of your pockets. :)
Sorry you're not feeling well. Enjoy the home repairs.
you're making me laugh!! ha ha...
Post a Comment