The job was to tear out the closet shelving in Trevor's room (aka "the office") and put in a "real closet." My goal was to go Lowe's to buy the closet stuff, tear out the shelving, patch the holes, paint the closet, put in some wood flooring we happened to have left over from our kitchen, and then put in the new closet. Sounded like a feasible weekend project to me.
With Chris's help we were able to actually get it down over the weekend--and that even included an extra trip to Lowe's again to return the closet unit we had bought and buy a different one. It's not competely done--still needs some moulding, a few shelves, and closet doors--but it is soooo close to be done all in one weekend! I even was able to take a quick shower and make it to my fantasy football draft at 6:00 pm. I'm even thinking of keeping the closet doors off for a while, because I think the closet might stay cleaner that way.
We even got Trevor a bed over the weekend so he no longer has to sleep on an air mattress, although he is so tired from seminary he really doesn't care where he sleeps right now. The plan for Trevor's room this week is....painting the bedroom walls.




9 comments:
WOW!!! It looks amazing!!! Way to go weekend warriors!! I love the wood floor in it--what a good idea.
Looks great! What color are you painting the room? I can't wait to see the finished product=)
You have inspired me. As soon as this wedding is over I will be tackeling some badly needed home improvements as well. 3.5 weeks to go to wedding day
I'm so impressed! Maybe you can come over and work on my kitchen!
Great job, and doesn't it give you such a great feeling of accomplishment.
Awesome! We actually did some closet renovating over the weekend but nothing this cool. Way to go!
Good Job!! And thanks for coming to the draft-you've got the best tight ends in the league :)
WOW! I am very impressed. It looks awesome.
I wouldn't put closet doors on, just so I could admire my work all of the time! Very impressive.
Post a Comment