Friday, June 20, 2008

A Day of Firsts

Yesterday was one of those days when each of the kids have something "big" happening.  Kelsie started her first job.  Her first real job where she actually gets a paycheck.  She has a part-time job working as a camp counselor for the summer for a Lutheran church in town.  She liked that the kids call her "Miss Kelsie," but does not like the fact that she needs to wear a polo shirt.  She, apparently, does not "do" polo shirts. The good news was the polo shirts have not come in yet so she didn't have to wear one.  As soon as they're in, I'll post a picture of her in her shirt.




Trevor had his first high school basketball game.  He had a lot of fun and played a great game, scoring 10 points.  He had a four hour basketball camp in the morning and then went to his game in the un-air-conditioned gym when it was 108 outside.  Needless to say, he was hot, tired and hungry when he came home.  I have never seen him eat so much in a three hour period.  It was actually rather scary.






And Branden got braces.







6 comments:

Gayle and Curt Family Blog said...

Congrats on all the firsts! I love it when my kids get jobs. It cuts down on the "I need money for ...." statements.

Kaye said...

congrats to everyone.....what happened to Kelsie getting a job at an ice cream store so she could hook us up??? Oh well, those kids are lucky to have her... hopefully nothing will shock her after babysitting for us!

McB's said...

how fun for everyone! lot's happening over there :) hey, you changed your blog look, I really like it!

Suzanne said...

Sounds like a "big" day for the O family. Congrats on Miss Kelsie getting her fist job. Did Trevor and Brandon cancel each other out in the food department? Trevor eating more because of basketball, and Brandon eating less because of the braces.

Jo said...

I noticed the blog change too. Cool. And how cool to have so many firsts happening at once. Goood Times!

Kevin and Emily said...

What a big day! I can't believe Trevor played basketball in such a hot gym- I would have cried.(= I love the new blog look. Well done!