What a great day... Went to the temple and was able to accomodate a persitant ancestor wanting work done. Actually the persistance came from a member of our local ward who gave me naturalization papers for one of my relatives. She ventured upon it while looking up her own geneology for the family line. Car pool lane worked good all the way there or we would have been late.
On the way back we hit a local frozen yougurt establishment and while there I noticed a gentlemen who had on a vintage motorcycle jersey. Friendly person that I am, I commented I liked his shirt and he explained he raced motorcycles back in the mid to late sixties and early seventies. We chatted for awhile and I was amazed at how much he knew about motorcycles. Said he raced motocross until about the mid sixties and then switched to flat-track and scrambles and raced at Ascot quite a bit. After awhile I wondered and asked his last name which he replied was Mashburn. Oh did I feel silly. It was Keith Mashburn who I was conversing with all this time. Glad I didn't brag too much on my puny motorcycle skills and history. He's a flat-track champion and legend. Really nice guy who didn't mind the novice motorcycle historian speaking to him.. We had a good talk and he gave me a web-site that they have and meet often on. Can't wait to check it out... Got home an had a motorcycle related package wating (just like a Christmas day) Worked on my son's Ht1 mx the rest of the day and we painted the frame on Saturday. It will be fun to finish it. That's it... Later... Chris




1 comment:
Yea Lori- love your blog! have you seen our family blog?
Post a Comment