For your reading pleasure, I've decided to give movie reviews of what I've watched while ironing. Today's movie was "Bella." I had never heard of it before but it was a #1 rated film by Yahoo!, The New York Times Readers Poll and Fandago. CNN said it is "Powerful and moving. A true inspiration." Seemed like it would be a good ironing movie for the day. The best part of watching this as an ironing movie was it was kind of slow. You don't want too much adventure while ironing, because you do have to iron. It was a little depressing, which is fine for a chick flick, sometimes you need that. The actor, Eduardo Verastegui, was a pleasure to watch.
The worst thing about this ironing movie was it had some subtitles. It's hard to read all the subtitles if you're supposed to be ironing, because you have to stop ironing to follow along with the subtitles, so it wasn't the best movie to watch while ironing. The movie was good, but fairly predictible. I would give it **1/2 out of ****. (those are supposed to be stars.




8 comments:
You sew AND you iron! Wow, you are definitely a better wife then me. The sad thing is I have ironed Scott's shirts....I do such a bad job, he insists on doing it himself.
mine and danny's prenup consisted of the following conditions:
-i don't iron
-i don't wash dishes
-i don't mop floors
-i'll happily do any other housework
despite this agreement, i used to iron danny's shirts. (his mom guilted me into it). before laura was born i had a similar system where i'd watch tv to keep me entertained while performing one of my least favorite tasks. (in fact, that was how i discovered the show "prison break." i had more shirts to iron and my usual show was over).
after laura came i never figured out how to get around to ironing again. once i was musing to danny about "the good ol' days when i ironed your shirts for you." he had absolutely ZERO memory that I had EVER done that for him. I decided that if he didn't remember that I used to do it, used to spend HOURS ironing, I wasn't in a hurry to try to figure out how to fit it back into life. :0) I hope Chris always remembers that you iron his clothes for him.
i am sorry to have rambled on and on and on and on... you brought back such memories. keep the movie reviews coming!
I agree with you about hating ironing. I hate it! I will have to try the movie thing. I usually just do a week worth at a time so it doesn't take me very long but it would get me through the credits.
Eddie Bauer no wrinkle extra tall shirts. Love them.
That being said, Michael has grown weary of the non wrinkle shirts. I've started ironing again. I may have to have a movie/ironing night. The last time I ironed I put on my ipod and ignored the children until I was done. It was great until I took put the earpieces and they were running amuck.
I loved the sewing tips. Even better ironing tips.
That is a good idea- especially if you know it's only a movie you want to see, then it's a treat to watch it even if you have to iron! I usually fold all the laundry during a good TV show or movie too.
I used to iron Curts shirts because I remember sister Kimball stating that she considered it an honor to iron her husbands shirts. I really wanted to feel that way about it...I tried really hard and thought I was doing pretty good. Then one day curt looked at me and said....Dont I make enough money that you can take my shirts to the cleaners...I feel it an honor to take Curts shirts to the cleaner every week!
Ok, that is such a great idea!!! I think I may have to do that, but then I have to start ironing!! LOL
I hate laundry period. Can't stand it. I would much rather go out and buy whole new wardrobes for all us just to avoid the laundry. However, I iron only when I have to, but mostly I just spritz the shirts and straighten out the wrinkles and hang them in the closet. Any dress shirts I take to the dry cleaners and let them do all the dirty work.
Post a Comment