Monday, May 12, 2008

Costumes....what???

I had just returned home from taking Kali out for a run when the phone rang.   We have caller ID and so, of course, I checked to see if I should answer it or not when I saw it was a YW President from another ward.  I figured she was calling about Stake Youth Conference so I answered it.  "Lori," she said, "Do you sew?"  Hmmm.  Trick question.  Trying to divulge as little information as possible without unknowingly volunteering for something I muttered "A little."  She then went on to tell me that she had just bought all the patterns and fabric for the girls costumes that are due tomorrow. What????  What costumes???  I had to try and figure out what she was trying to tell me.  Kelsie has a choir concert coming up in a few weeks and she told me she needed a "Western outfit."  I knew she was singing  a separate Spice Girls song with four other girls,  but for some reason I just assumed it was a Western Spice Girls song and that's why she needed the western outfit. I know Spice Girls don't exactly sing country music, but for some reason I thought maybe they once did.  Apparently, I thought wrong.  The Western outfit is for one song and she needs her Sporty Spice costume (due tomorrow) for another song.  In my state of shock, I also said I would sew the costume for one of the other girls who couldn't get it sewn.    Luckily, since I've been cleaning out the office (see previous posts) I already know where my special fabric cutting scissors are.  I usually have to hide these so no one will use them to cut hair or paper or anything in the garage, and then I never remember where I've hid them, but I already have them and am ready to go.  I just need the fabric...


8 comments:

Kevin and Emily said...

Hey one awesome family!(= I didn't know you had a blog, but I found it on Shauna's blog. I love it! Check out our blog at http://kevinandemilyblog.blogspot.com/. Good luck sewing Lori!!

Pam said...

I know what you will be doing today! Happy sewing! There's always liquid stitch.....

The Trainas said...

I can forward you some Spice Girls music to add to your blog music! :) Go Kelsie!!

Suzanne said...

A classic blunder. Never answer your phone.

Hope you get it sewn quickly. If not, just enough to get the outfit through the song. :)

Liz Rose said...

Hmmm...so I hope when I call the Oberender house, someone will always pick up????
Good luck with the sewing--yikes!

Kim said...

Wow! Is this a good time for Kelsie to learn to sew? It will be a sad day here when all the reminders stop coming home on colored notes from the school. I'm not looking forward to that.

Jo said...

Oh! I see. You answer the phone for people you MIGHT know, but for me you wait for me to leave a message and then call me back. Nice. :) I didn't know you can sew. Cool!

Gayle and Curt Family Blog said...

Wow! I am impressed on so many levels, Kelsie singing western spice girls. Does she wear a hat?