Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So Close...and yet so far


Since November 15th I have been crossing out each day on the basketball schedule. A nice two page schedule that has controlled my life and my family's life for the past three months. The last day on the schedule was February 15th. I have been anticipating that day for quite a while. That was to be the last day of the basketball season, a day I could cross off and throw the schedule away and realize I have a little bit of my life back.

I forgot about the possibility of basketball playoffs.

The season is still not over.

Kelsie's team made it to CIF and so they have a CIF game Thursday night (and I REALLY wanted to go to a Scrabble party...but I would have major mom guilt). Branden's team has a playoff game on Saturday morning for his basketball team (he wasn't even on my two-page schedule.) Trevor was the only one who ended his basketball season on time, but he started playing volleyball on Monday, so I didn't get a break there.

So, our schedule is STILL hectic, but this week REALLY should be the last week of basketball.

4 comments:

Pam said...

You made it!!! You get an award for Super Mom! Now hopefully your life will be less hectic...yeah right! I can't go to the Scrabble party either so we will just have to get together and play. You will kick my butt...my bet was on you to take the whole thing!

Kaye said...

I really am upset that I am not going to get to see how you excel in scrabble.....REMATCH!!! Have fun....we are going to miss you!

Jo said...

Oh Man!! Don't you hate that! Just when you think you're out, they suck you back in! Soon though, very soon.....

Andrea said...

I feel your pain! I did a dance when soccer was over. However, Volleyball is here now.