Sunday, February 8, 2009

Abnormal Cravings


I've been doing amazingly well with my Don't Eat Crap diet and went for almost two whole weeks without any sugar at all. Since then, I've really cut down on my sugar intake since I was able to slow my insane sugar cravings. I almost feel like a normal person--someone who doesn't have to be constantly eating sugar.

On Saturday we went to the BYU/USC volleyball game and stopped at Diddy Riese afterwards. I love Diddy Riese. Whenever I go I am so sad when I have finished eating my ice cream cookie sandwich and I always wish that Chris would let me order two. I know, I'm a pig. Well, last night I started eating it and it was so sweet and rich that I really could only eat half. I was very disappointed in myself because that never happens to me. I can always eat as much sugar as I want. So I kept eating and eating and forced myself to eat the whole thing. When I was done I felt completely sick to my stomach. It was such a weird feeling. I have NEVER had a sick feeling from eating too much sugar. I have heard that it happens to other people, in face I have seen other people say that they've had enough and can't eat anymore. I have never experienced it. I just thought that they were weak.

I'm not sure if I should be happy that my stomach is finally telling me when too much is too much, or if I am sad that I can't eat two Diddy Riese cookie sandwiches in one sitting. I know this feeling won't last much longer. Now that I'm eating sugar again I'm sure my stomach will quickly adapt to it's normal craving self. I'm just torn between which stomach I like better.

1 comment:

Pam said...

You are too funny! I don't know which stomach I like better either but I do think that I feel better when I cut back on sugar. Hate to admit it!:)