Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Have you seen my....

Chris is always losing things. OK, maybe not losing, but constantly misplacing things and we cannot find them for days, or weeks. He has done this ever since I have known him, in fact I've seen his Mom looking for things she has "misplaced." Chris is constantly losing his keys, wallet, jacket, hat, sweatshirt--basically anything that is not permanently attached to him. (Makes me wonder if he's tried to lose me...hmm.) Things usually turn up within a week or two--except his jackets which he never remembers where he left them. I think it's just so he gets a new jacket every year. Maybe I should try that.

Anyway, it came as no surprise to me around Christmas time when Chris said "Have you seen my cell phone lately?" Obviously, I had not seen it and didn't really think about it too much, figuring it would show up like most other things. (As a sidenote, he lost his cellphone the second day he had it...but it showed up later.) Chris kept insisting it was somewhere in the house amidst all the "Christmas" stuff, but I knew everything was pretty clean, and it wasn't in the house. I thought he left it at work, or in his truck, or at a restaurant, or at the grocery story, or at the post office (common places he finds his misplaced items). The other problem was, he always has his cell phone off, so calling it to try and find where it was isn't always useful, because you don't know if it's in the house, or just off.

Well, the cell phone has finally been located. We don't know exactly where it is, but some Mexican dude (who apparently does not speak English nor do any of his "friends" who he has called around the world while using the lost cell phone for 3 weeks while racking up an extra $200 on our cell phone bill) found the lost phone. If you're going to steal an American cell phone, at least speak English!

So, lesson learned. If you lose your cell phone, call your wireless provider and cancel the phone until the phone is found and in your possession. It may save you hundreds of dollars, a lot of stress, and maybe even a marriage (just kidding, babe!)

2 comments:

grammie said...

When he gets a new cel phone suggest to him it is cheaper to keep the darn thing on all the time. Do you have to pay the $200?

Gayle and Curt Family Blog said...

may I suggest a holder that hooks onto his pants. It works for my dad. good luck!