
I started feeling a little better today until I read my sister's blog and learned that Mother's Cookies filed for bankruptcy and closed their doors on Monday. Yes, Mother's cookies--the makers of one of my favorite cookies, the pink and white iced animal shaped cookies. That is one cookie that I could never eat just one of (well, most cookies I can never eat just one of)...MMM. They even made them in patriotic colors for the 4th of July. They made other cookies too, like the iced oatmeal cookies and I'm sure others, but my favorite were the pink and white iced animals.
The company cited the rising cost of fuel and supplies as the main reason for closing their doors. Many people have lost their jobs and the world has lost a very fine cookie company. I am so very sad. I'm heading off to the store right now and hopefully I can find some before they're all gone. Maybe I can buy a bunch and sell them on E-Bay :)! Just kidding, I will eat them in remembrance of MANY fond memories of Mother's Cookies.




5 comments:
I am in mourning:(
RIP little cookies:(((((
-kelsie
This is truly very sad news. Those cookies were always my favorite too (when I still could eat wheat). Hope you are feeling better!
I will buy them from you on ebay! I love these cookies and also am very sad, thanks for remembering the little guys. (ya, I can't eat these anymore either cuz both Kassidy and I have wheat/gluten intolerance...so sad, guess they won't be a temptation anymore).
I love those too! Man I need to stock up before they are gone!
Post a Comment