Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween 2008

Halloween was a little different this year. We started out at our wonderful neighbor Cindy's house. Every year she fixes stew for all of the neighbors. MMM. After the stew, Kelsie and Trevor left to go to a Halloween party and Branden left to go trick or treating with some neighborhood friends. Chris and I were home alone. It was the first time in 16 years that we were both home for Halloween. Neither of us were going out trick or treating with the kids. Weird. After about five minutes Branden came home. He said he had a stomach ache and was not going trick or treating. Now, I know this is hard to believe, but Branden likes sugar even more than I do, so for him to not be out trick or treating meant he was really not feeling well. I was actually surprised he was not crawling on his hands and knees trick or treating if he had a stomachache--that's how bad his sugar addiction is. So now there were three of us at home. After about half an hour, Branden said his stomach felt better and we was ready to go trick or treating. Thank goodness--because if he didn't go I wouldn't have anyone's candy to steal. Chris said he'd take him out, but after about ten minutes they ran into the original friends Branden was going to go with. Once again, it was Chris and I home alone. Chris passed out candy while I painted the closet. What Fun!

Kelsie wanted to dress up as an 80's workout girl. What was funny was when SHE kept trying to explain to ME what people wore in the 80's!

Trevor dressed up as Barnacle Boy (from SpongeBob) with his friend Matthew who dressed up as Mermaid Man.

Branden used an old IPod costume I had made for Trevor a couple of years ago. Gotta love recycled costumes!

2 comments:

Pam said...

OK - we do have to have a Halloween party next year...on Halloween. Painting closets on Halloween night? Sounds about as fun as what I was doing. It's pitiful!

Kevin and Emily said...

Awesome costumes. I am very impressed by the I-pod costume you made! (=