OK, I know I haven't updated my blog lately, but this summer has been quite crazy. If you read Kelsie's tag she did for me, you will have read that one of my current obsessions is organizing closets. Who knew this could be so much fun? I have actually been forced to do this as I am still emptying the office and turning it into a bedroom for Trevor. I have had to maximize every square inch of storage we have in this house to put the things that have been stored so happily for so long in our office. It's been quite cleansing, though, to get rid of so much junk. Our trash and recycling bins have been completely overflowing each week as I have been in a "save" and "trash" binge. I do have to admit that I really am having fun buying all sorts and sizes of plastic storage containers to organize all of our treasures and filling them up and seeing such beautifully organized closets. I can only hope it stays organized!
I have taken several breaks from my organizing obsession to make frequent beach trips this summer. Last week Chris and I even went to the Ventura County Fair and went to the Beach Boys concert. My favorite thing about the fair was my dinner which consisted of one funnel cake. Mmmm. We brought a friend with us who had never been to the fair, and she had chili cheese fries for dinner. Chris had roasted corn. Yes, roasted corn for dinner at the fair. We had such a fun time watching the Beach Boys concert. I couldn't help but contemplate as I watched these "older" men rocking out on the stage if they had ever imagined as teenage cousins that there entire life would be molded by their decision to start a band. It's interesting how life sometimes takes us places that we were never really expecting to go.
3 comments:
No pictures of your closets?! I'm not going to believe you until we have proof.
I was going to post one--but they're not quite perfect yet. I will post one when they're done.
Sounds like a great summer. I love organizing too (=, it must run in the family. That is so cool that you went to a Beach Boys concert. I would have loved that.
Post a Comment