Trevor noticed this gross thing on his wrist a few weeks ago, and being the concerned mother that I am, I just ignored it and hoped it would go away. It obviously hasn't gone away yet, and Chris thinks it is actually bigger. It doesn't hurt or cause him any pain. It's hard if you touch it. It's gross.
I'm going to take him to the orthopedist on Wednesday with me when I bring Kelsie there for a finger she dislocated over three weeks ago playing basketball. She popped it back in during the game, but she still can't straighten it out. It's her pinky finger on her left hand and I don't think it's healed properly. I just hope it wont be deformed forever. I keep having visions of beautiful wedding photos and pictures of her wedding ring on her ring finger with a deformed pinky finger right next to her wedding ring. Any insight on what Trevor's deformity really is?




7 comments:
Cyst?
I would probably do the same thing; wait to see if it would go away on it's own. It's usually Michael that convinces me to take the kids to the doctor. Then I feel really bad when they have double ear infections. :)
I believe its a gangline (sp?) cyst. My sister had one of those. It's not a big deal, but it can become hindering to a certain point and it can become painful. I think that may be it, but don't quote me on it. :/
YES!!! Patrick had that--exact hand, exact bump. His dad (a wonderful doctor, smashed it with a heavy book when he was a teenager) It eventually came back, and we had it removed out in Boston while we were there. I think they're right its a cyst of some sort....fluid build up that turns hard.
Poor Kelsie--yes fix her finger too! :)
OK, Zack has had these before and we were told, like Liz said, to hit it with a book really hard and it will go away. He had one on his wrist and one on the back of his knee. The one on the back of his knee the doctor just shined a light through it to make sure it was clear and it was and he said don't worry about it, it would probably go away. He said come back if it starts hurting or becomes uncomfortable. So tell Trevor I will be over to hit it really hard with a book - I would be willing to do that for him.
Don't let Pam do it....let me hit him.....jk.....when do you get to legally hit your kid....too bad Trevor is such a nice guy, it won't be as much fun since he is not rotten!
I also believe it is a cyst. Shauna had one under each knee, and I believe it was Curt who had one on his wrist like Trevor. Do take him to the doctor who will take care of it.Do not hit it with a book!!
I don't think you need any other opinions. Go get it checked with Kelsie! Best of luck!gayle
Post a Comment