Sunday, May 2, 2010

Prom: Boys vs Girls


Kelsie and Trevor were both able to go to Mormon Prom this year. This was Kelsie's third prom she has been to, so I was used to all of the things that had to be done for a girl to get ready for a prom. Since this was Trevor's first prom, I learned about boys going to a prom, and was able to compare some things:

ATTIRE:
Kelsie: We went downtown to the fashion district, looked at
HUNDREDS of dresses, tried on MANY, finally found one, but we also had to "modestize" the dress.

Time & money spent: About 7 hours and $90. (A bargain!)

Trevor: Went to 3 Day Suitbrokers, tried on one suit--a little too snug. Tried on the second suit, he liked it, we bought it.
Time & money spent: 15 minutes and $110.



HAIR:
Kelsie: Made a hair appt. a few days before for her hair to be done, went
to her appointment, had her hair done, came home and redid it.
Time & money spent: About 2 hours and $40.

Trevor: I tried to talk him into getting a hair cut, but he said he would just wash it with "good smelling stuff" and that he would brush it so that it would look really cool.
Time & money spent: Just his regular shower time which is pretty long, but no money.

MANI/PEDI:
Kelsie: Fingernails and toenails painted to match her dress.
Time & money spent: 1 hour and $20.

Trevor: Nothing.
Time & money spent: Nothing

SHOES:
Kelsie: Borrowed shoes from several friends who have her same shoe size.
Time & money spent: Several hours trying on all the shoes with the dress, but FREE!

Trevor: Has anyone seen my church shoes? Actually, he did a great job being ready on time and even found some shoe polish to spiff up his shoes.


I decided it's really fun to have a girl and get all dressed up and pretty, but SO much easier to have a boy at prom time. They both looked fantastic and had a great time!


6 comments:

grammie said...

The kids look great--beautiful and handsome. Having had 5 daughters we know well the costs and time consumed with finding appropriate dresses--and it is REALLY hard finding appropriate dresses in CA. We even ended up renting one of Jenny's dresses. Glad those days are over for us!

Pam said...

They both looked awesome! I agree when it comes to dressing up----boys have a much easier time:)

Kim said...

Two happy, good looking teenagers: priceless

Jo said...

They looked great and I'm happy to hear they had a great time :)

Gayle and Curt Family Blog said...

so fun! Nice job mom!

Blacks said...

Kelsie: you look so beautiful and I love your dress.
Trevor: you look so handsome and I bet your hair was really good smelling :)