Tuesday, October 27, 2009

One little hole...

It was just one little hole in one little pipe which happened to leak a little water under my kitchen floor.
Of course, the insurance company found asbestos in the damp drywall and so my kitchen is now being "abated" of all hazardous materials.


The cabinets were removed from two walls.  Drywall was removed.  The granite countertops which we spent many evenings and Saturdays tiling was destroyed in less than three hours.   My kitchen sink and dishwasher are sitting on my dining room floor.  I don't know where my oven is.

Through all the mess, though, I am living one of my lifelong dreams--eating out breakfast, lunch, and dinner and having someone else pay for it!  You wont catch me complaining.

5 comments:

Jo said...

I.AM.SO.JEALOUS!!!!

Kevin and Emily said...

Wow! What a bummer- but I am glad you get to enjoy yummy, free food!

Kim said...

Don't you love insurance? :)

Pam said...

That small hole looks like it was made with a drill.....hmmmmmm. JK Can't wait to see your new kitchen when it is done!

grammie said...

I"m sorry your kitchen is in such a mess--but if you don't have to use it what the heck! You may love your new kitchen so much you won't want to move.