Saturday, July 4, 2009

Reunited...and it feels so good!

My little family is finally all back home together.

Branden graduated from 6th grade on a Wednesday and Saturday morning he left for his first ever week long Boy Scout camp. I was a little more secure sending Branden to camp than Trevor, since Branden is a little more cautious. But, a week is a very long time for a 12 year old! However, he loved it! He only called me on the last day to see when Chris was coming up (Chris was driving up to bring back scouts). He earned six merit badges (woo-hoo!). His favorite was wilderness survival where he had to build his own shelter outside and actually sleep in it. SCARY...for me...but he did it! He least favorite was pioneering...too many knots for him. He also earned swimming, enviromental science, photography, and orienteering.

Two days after he came back Kelsie and Trevor left for EFY in Santa Barbara. They had a fantastic time and can't wait to go again.
They came home today...so now we're finally ready to start our summer with everyone home.

While they were gone I learned some things:
1. Branden entertains himself pretty well. The house was extemely quite while he was home. I would see him read for a couple of hours, watch TV, read some more, play video games, read some more. He was perfectly content staying home and keeping his pajamas on all day.

2. The bathroom stays much cleaner with Trevor and Kelsie gone.

3. The living room and kitchen stays much cleaner with Branden gone.

4. And...I finally figured out which son keeps peeing on the seat!

I missed each one of them when they were gone and I am so glad everyone is back home!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

That is so funny Lori! Thanks for not ratting out the pee-er.

grammie said...

Hey, they leave the seats down?--eww! Here we have 3 bathrooms, one male, and the seats are always up. Not so great in the middle of the night. I guess there are worse things to gripe about.

Rosey Posey said...

So funny about the pee. I lived with 4 brothers and I never figured it out.