By the time I got around to calling the doctor at about 3:30 in the afternoon, the doctor said "She has the flu and she was in Mexico??? We're booked this afternoon but you must get her to Urgent Care at once" and she gave me a phone number of the Urgent Care place. I really wasn't too concerned about it really being Swine Flu, because Trevor had a really high fever type flu about three weeks earlier, so I just ignored taking her to Urgent Care. I had too many other things to do and I figured she was more likely to get Swine Flu by going to Urgent Care than she was on our little stop in Ensenada on our cruise.
Then...I get a phone call from Trevor at about 4:30. He split his chin open at volleyball practice and needs stitches. I figured as long as I had to take Trevor to Urgent Care to get stitches, I might as well take Kelsie for Swine Flu. I called the Urgent Care place to see how long of a wait it was, since I had never been there before, and I told them what I was bringing the kids in for. They said to let them know when I got there and they would open the side door for me and get me right into a room.
I was pretty excited about that. I figured this Swine Flu thing might get me faster service. They greeted us with masks and gloves. They whisked us into an unused room and everyone that came in had masks and gloves. Trevor, Kelsie, and I had to put on masks, too. The prompt service ended there, while we had to wait for the doctor. Trevor kept us entertained using the "Magic 8 Ball" application on his Ipod and asking questions like "Is Kelsie going to die from Swine Flu?" He'd shake the Magic 8 Ball and he kept getting answers like "Ask Again Later," and "It's Possible." We were having so much fun I grabbed my cell phone for a picture.
After the doctor came in and asked questions about Kelsie's illness I started to get a little worried. All of her comments of "that fits the symptoms..." and "very interesting..." and "that just adds to the list..." started to stress me out a little. I began to worry that Kelsie really did have Swine Flu and we were going to start our own little pandemic in Simi Valley. The doctor worried about cross-contamination with Trevor's stitches and the Swine Flu girl.The good news...Kelsie doesn't have swine flu. The bad news...Trevor needed three stitches.
Too much fun for a Monday afternoon.




5 comments:
Really too much fun, thanks for the laugh.
Oh, and glad everyone is Swine Flu free!
Excellent way to cut the line at Urgent Care.
Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Love the mug shot! I want a mask:)
Ahh man--poor Kelsie, and Trevor!!! But I think its dang cool that you took a picture! :)
Yeah no piggy flu! What an eventful day. : )
Post a Comment