Sunday, March 15, 2009

You know it's a recession when...


We were getting toilet papered last night...again. It seems as if we're getting toilet papered a couple time a month, but I guess that's what happens when hou have two and half teenagers.

It wasn't too late, only about 11:00 at night. I was in the kitchen (a little late night snack) and I heard Kali start barking. I heard a couple of thumps, some running, and a car screeching away. I immediately thought "Oh, @!#! we're getting toilet papered again."

I flipped on the lights outside and ran out. It wasn't too bad because Kali scared them away soon enough. I know she usually barks at the toilet paperers, but we're usually asleep and don't always here her because she likes to bark on the opposite end of the house.

I was so happy this time I heard her because when I ran out I found so many barely used rolls of toilet paper. I quickly scooped them up hoping that the three second rule applies to toilet paper as well--doesn't it? After all, toilet paper seems to be getting more and more expensive and I now have about 8 barely used rolls that were left in my yard.

7 comments:

Pam said...

I wish we would have caught them! We unfortunately had all the rolls hanging in our trees! These are one of the times a dog would be great!!

Kaye said...

Our stupid dog never helped us with those situations....LUCKY!!! Enjoy the saved $

MaryAnn said...

Ha ha Ha! You're just getting your kids ready for emergency preparedness living!!

Suzanne said...

That's pretty funny...and a great way to save a few bucks.

Hansen said...

Haha, that's awesome!

Andrea said...

I know lots of families that save the tp

grammie said...

Great idea. At least you didn't roll up the paper from the trees and reuse--thats when you really get desperate. Better than using leaves.